Friday, July 25, 2008

I'm Not Liking Where Things Are Going

Some of the recent polling about the state constitutional amendment in California promoting traditional marriage show support lagging, with a majority leaning against the amendment. Barack is also up on the GOP nominee, and Democrats also figure to be gaining more seats in Congress in the November elections.

All of these prospects had me somewhat concerned, but my worst fears were realized last night: Will was eliminated from So You Think You Can Dance.

Not since Chris Daughtry was eliminated in American Idol has there been such a big upset in reality television, but it happened last night. And it broke my heart. I shouldn't be nearly as affected as I am by this turn of events, but it goes to show you how poor the judgment can be of the voting public.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is exactly why democracy is doomed to fail. We can't handle the responsibility that is incumbent upon us. He was easily the most technically proficient of all the dancers, but unlike Danny from last year, the guy wasn't a total a-hole. Even following the news last night, Will was completely gracious and encouraging to other dancers. Here's a video tribute to Will.

And yes, I realize how gay it is that all my posts this week revolve around this show, and that I'm so put out by Will's elimination, but that's what keeps you coming back.







I would pay money to see just him perform. He's great.

3 comments:

Dave said...

You keep me coming back Silva. You.


*Gayest part of your post? The Chris Daughtry part.

Brenna said...

You seriously have some mad blogging skills. I can't keep up.
A.) SO awesome you went to a SYTYCD taping!
B.) SO hilarious your imagery of Dave getting caught with the phone!
C.) SO sad that Will is a gonner too!
Oh ya and
D.) Cat IS super hot, however, could somebody do something about her wardrobe? Strange taste!

Laura said...

this was a sad sad night for sytycd. i could hardly stomach it. i am with you - we cannot put any faith in democracy. it is going to be hard to keep watching.