Thursday, August 21, 2008

80s Night

I was going to post about my love for 80s night anyway, but then I saw a book version of the blog Stuff White People Like, and it had a post about 80s night. A brief excerpt:

If you are in a social situation and wish to turn into one more condusive for romance, you should always ask “does anyone know a club with a good 80s night?” at which point the entire group of white people are likely to invite you to an event.
It's so true. Them white people love a good 80s night. Down at a bar in Laguna Beach on Tuesday nights they have an 80s night and I live for it. I guess I've been several times in the last couple of months and just went this past Tuesday. What's so awesome is that the DJ has a great 80s playlist, and if you go just before it gets to 10pm, it's free.

I was wondering what I was going to do with my time off this next week, but I realized this past Tuesday that my mission is clear: I need to assemble the greatest arsenal of 80s music ever. I don't know what my fascination is with it, but I totally love it. Maybe it's awesome because the clothes are outrageous and anyone, even white people, can dance to the music freely without looking out of place because the movements are specifically intended to look idiotic.

I heard this gem the other night and it's one of my latest favorites.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The 80s are truly awesome. And how is it I do not have this gem???

An excellent way to spend one's time, indeed.

gregory said...

dude the 80's totarry teh rock! speaking of not this, you should post dave's inconceiveable risk score screen shot for all to behold it's glory - much like Le Video Gem

gregory said...

one more comment: i got a great post idea! post about dr. tsu's brother and his new title and claim to asian fame! i dare you.