Monday, August 11, 2008

Les Miserables In Concert



I was lucky enough to catch the performance of Les Mis in the Hollywood Bowl over the weekend. I wasn't sure how the whole thing was going to work - if they were just going to perform the music or if it would be the actual musical. Turns out it was the full-length musical. The performances were, of course, wonderful and as Caitlin so alertly pointed out, the actress playing Fantine was none other than "Jan" from The Office. Who knew she was so talented? I haven't seen a ton of musicals, but of the ones that I have seen, Les Miserables is easily my favorite. The story is so moving in itself, and then the music is just so beautiful. I also love the atmosphere of the Hollywood Bowl. It's a big venue, but the summer nights are so pleasant and it's a little bit of a lighter kind of feel than what you typically get in a theater. However, it does allow for people to make more comments and try and sing certain parts themselves, but still...I really like it. It's just a really nice relaxing feel being outside and watching musical theater.

1 comment:

Laura said...

wow, i didn't even know this was going on at the hollywood bowl. how cool. is it still there?