Thursday, August 7, 2008

Slow News Day

I don't really have a whole lot to say. Nothing significant is going on with the campaigns, and I'm kind of tired of it anyway. Lately my thing seems to be trying to figure out what I'm going to be doing next summer, or even during the school year for work. It would be cool to do an internship with the Heritage Foundation, and there is actually a conservative think tank in Salt Lake City that I think would be fun to work for. There is one in Washington D.C., granted it's one of the biggest in the country, but they offer some sweet benefits - 5 weeks paid vacation, 10-12 sick days, 12% employer contribution to retirement, and other stuff. I guess we'll see. I feel like I'm so scattered with my interests that I'm not entirely sure what it is specifically that I would like to be involved with. On the plus side, my degree program provides a ton of flexibility in broadening my coursework and including anything from business to politics. And really I'm interested in all of it. We'll see I suppose.

I found out today that I will have a place to live in up at school, so that's kind of nice. Just waiting for the contract to come in the fax. The conversation I had with the guy who owns it was kind of funny. He's from Southern California also, and was really chill. He told me that he's almost never home, going to school during the day, working at night, plus he has a serious girlfriend.

Okay, bro. I get it. I don't want to be your friend either. I'm plenty cool. I don't need my roommates to be my buddies.

Yesterday was probably the best day of my life. I came in to work just to get some sweet breakfast burritos. Probably my favorite breakfast burrito in the whole world. Then I went to the day game with Dave. We had great seats. Then we went to the batting cages afterwards. I can't even begin to describe how much I love doing that. It's easily one of my favorite things to do. Ever. And tonight is the Me First and the Gimme Gimmes show. I think some of the guys are still on board, but really...I'm just so tired that I would be okay missing it. I'd be perfectly content to finish up New Moon and see what happens with the Volturi, and see who wins the title of America's favorite dancer.

I know. I'm awesome.

No comments: