Friday, August 1, 2008

SYTYCD Top 6

I'm not really sure why, but some people are getting routed to my blog by typing in my blog title and SYTYCD taping. I wonder if it's because they think that I go every week. Sorry to disappoint, but it was only one magical week when I was able to go. I wish it were every week.

You know how many visitors came to my blog last week because of that post on the taping? How about 2000+? Can you believe that??? I wish that I had put together a better post knowing now that so many people came here. Oh well...I'll do a brief recap though for the SYTYCD visitors...

This last week featured the top 6 - Mark, Josh, Twitch, Chelsie, Courtney, and Katee. A very strong group, but the gap left by Will's absence is glaring. Maybe that's just in my heart. I know, so gay. If only I didn't actually mean it.

I thought all the numbers this week were pretty strong. My favorite was Mark and Courtney's jazz piece. The dance was raw, but sometimes the production part of these dances really make them work with the lightin and camera shots and everything. The music was great, and the kicks and steps to the hard beats were well-timed and just really cool, I thought:

Joshua and Katee were both strong too, especially with their contemporary number. I just don't seem to love the paso doble that much. I just realized that means the two-step in Spanish. Yup. I'm fluent. And retarded. Here is the contemporary dance:

And then Twitch and Chelsie's hip hop dance was pretty cool too, but I might like best the part before the dance when they keep referring to whoever has the stick being in control. That's just a fact of life. Wink!

Cat's first words after the dance? "Play nicely with the stick." That's really what she said. I love the Velvet String Orchestra. Greg introduced me to them and I think it totally works as music for the shabbat, right?

I'm not at all disappointed with the results show last night. I thought all three girls were about equal, but I'm most physically attracted to Courtney so I voted for her. And I know that it was my 7-8 votes that put her over the top. I know it. Josh and Twitch are good, but when the first top 20 were announced, I'm not sure that I could have ever predicted this final 4. So now it's just forward, not backward, to next week's final!

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Miniature American flags for all!