Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I Love The People In My Life

...is a thought that I often have, and one that I've especially been feeling lately.

I have roommates that under other circumstances, I probably wouldn't have chosen for myself, but it turns out that they're really great guys. One of them I can talk sports with endlessly, and the other is just the nicest guy. He makes food, albeit it's not always that great, but he always means well. And he always is trying to facilitate my dating life for me.

I've been a little under the weather the last few days, and I won't usually ask for anything from people, but that's not to say that I don't love people wanting to take care of me. One friend of mine made me dinner the other night, then sent me home with a goodie bag of leftovers, and all the ingredients of the drug cocktail that she uses when she gets sick.

I have a second family at home and here in Utah that I don't hesitate at all to spend the holidays with. I have an army of people that I can talk to about everything that is going on in my life. I have a best friend, and I'm pretty sure we're about as close as any two best friends can be. I have people with whom I can play soccer, go running, work-out, do yoga, go dancing, go to lunch, or just talk. My ward is great. The other students in my cohort are awesome, and the professors I work with are all wonderful.

And I even love the people that participate regularly in my blog that I've never even met.
I'm just really lucky. Thanks, everyone.

1 comment:

Moomby said...

very cool! that's so nice to share. i'm so happy you're happy up there and are surrounded by awesome people!