Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Hey Shea Stadium...Check Out this Chick's Cans...You've been Rick Rolled!

I swear I posted the videos before on here, but I'm sure you're all familiar with Rick Rolling. I mentioned last week that YouTube's April Fool's joke was to link all the featured videos to Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up. Well the New York Mets were opening voting up to the public to choose a song that would serve as their traditional 8th inning sing-a-long (do we have that at Angel stadium? because my vote would be for Everybody Have Fun Tonight). Fark.com decided that they would steer their masses over to the voting forum and have people write in Never Gonna Give You Up. And guess what? They made it happen, but unfortunately, the people at the stadium are going to have another vote at the ballpark by taking the largest response to one of six songs to see if they can't avoid being Rick Rolled all season long. The article is here, but doesn't include much more than I've already mentioned. This is the Family Guy version of the song.

1 comment:

gregory said...

I love that spit - here's a song by a gay guy. Thank you Seth MacFarlane