Thursday, April 3, 2008

It's Never Just a Slam Dunk

And not that I ever thought it was going to be, but I didn't think it would wrap up so quickly. At least this time around. Oh well. So yeah...dating is never just simple. It's always so complicated. Even in the best relationships that I've had, there has always been plenty of complications. And as far as I can tell, in the relationships of my friends who have been able to make it work I feel like they have always had to endure that as well. So when do things finally work out? I think when both people find someone that they like/love enough to just push through whatever complications arise.

So yeah...I have to give high praises to the girl for even having the guts to say that it wasn't going to work for her. She wasn't perfect at delivering the message, but when is anyone ever when they have to have one of those tough kinds of talks, know what I mean? I think she had a harder time delivering the news than I did hearing it.

The whole thing is hard though because I hate playing games. If you're too stand-offish than you're being aloof, but if you come out to quickly then you're obsessive. I tried my hand at playing the middle ground of being clear with showing interest, but still wanting to let things play out and see how they all turn out. Didn't work. This feels like a Doogie Howser journal entry. It's already too long, though. And I don't have a clever way of wrapping up the whole thing. I have tons of questions still about it all, and I have so little background on where she's coming from, and I'll probably get none of the answers or information I'm looking for. So it goes...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Doogie Howser. Only you could make me laugh at quite possibly the saddest blog post of them all.

And let me just make my position known that this girl is making a huge mistake in releasing such a great catch.

Caitlin said...

Could not agree more, oh wise Karen.

Cycle Mama said...

...and just like that, my plan for you fall in love with a so cal girl and keep you here with me is gone. Today is the suckiest day ever. :( I'm sorry my friend.