Wednesday, April 30, 2008

New Computer

How many times have you guys changed up your computers? If you haven't done it in awhile then maybe you don't remember just how much time it takes to transfer all your files and get familiar with the new computer. There are so many things that just felt so personalized about my old laptop - the placement of certain buttons, how to make it hibernate, my bookmarks, not to mention all of the files. Last time I put them on the same network and it took me forever how to figure out how to get all files over, but now that I'm stealing internet from network Sam, I don't really have that luxury. I did get a transfer cable, but then I never did quite figure out how to work that, so this time around I ended up just getting an external hard drive and although it was more pricey, it was so much easier.

I can't believe how much I paid for my previous laptop and how much cheaper this one is while also being about twice the computer that I had before. Want some good sites to go to for coupons and bargains? Fatwallet is one, and Techbargains is another. You can find some great buys on either of those websites. I ended up going with the Lenovo brand of lappy top at the suggestion of a couple of people who know more about this stuff than I do. So far it's been awesome. I wonder, however, if I probably would have been just as satisfied with anything that wasn't my old computer that would decide to shutdown on its own without first consulting me. Maybe...

I don't know what it is, but I feel like I'm not interested in anything these days. I haven't been following politics as much, and my attention span for watching sports is at an all-time low as well. This won't make any sense to most of you, but I didn't even really care about watching much of the NFL draft last weekend. I feel like that might have had more to do with the fact that my Raiders didn't have very many picks in the first 3 rounds though. In any case, I'm just feeling funny in general. This blog is coming up on its year anniversary and I actually have already surpassed 365 posts a few days ago, but I'm not even that excited about the blog anymore either. I feel like I'm in a weird funk and I just can't figure it out. So anyway, the blog might undergo some new formatting and the Editor in Chief might go on leave of absence for a month or so. I dunno...sigh...whatever...We'll see.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No interest in politics. No interest in sports. No interest in blogging.

Are you starting to give away your prized possessions too??

Somebody get this kid on suicide watch, STAT!

Oh, and please tell me you also keep a list of your bookmarks online. Like on Yahoo! Or mybookmarks.com. Or somewhere else besides your web browser. Surely I've taught you better than that.