Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Long Time No Post

I'm not really sure why it is. I think it's in part due to the fact that my old laptop was starting to crap out on me, and I think I have been pressed a little bit for time these days. Well, truthfully, I haven't been making time to post like I normally would. It seems that my uniform on days off tends to be boardshorts and a white t-shirt, which I love, but then it turns into a lot of time without wearing the normal endowed members' underoos. It makes me feel weird, and then I secretly love it at the same time.

Don't worry though...I'll be back to regular posts, and I also got my new laptop yesterday so I've just got to get all setup on there and I that should help with the unplanned shutdowns in the middle of my time on the internets.

Last Saturn's day Dave celebrated his 28th birthday. I'm trying to think of some funny story about Dave, and I know there are tons of them, but for some reason I'm just drawing a blank. I'll just say one of my favorite things about Dave is that a lot of times people who are funny do it for the sake of getting laughs from other people, but what I love about Dave is that at least half of the time he's doing or saying the stuff that he does purely for his own enjoyment. For some reason I feel like that quality makes his already witty jokes and repartees that much funnier because he's doing it for purely for the appreciation of humor, and to make himself laugh maybe even more than to make those around him laugh. The other night we went and saw a movie and I forgot something in his car. I asked for his key and as he handed me the key he yelled out to me as I was walking away to "make sure you leave the car open. In fact, leave the door open with the key in the ignition and the car running." I just loved knowing that he threw that comment out that because he was going to just remind me to lock it, but realized that it would be really obvious to say that so he went in the complete opposite direction. And this was while we were walking in opposite directions in a parking lot, so it was more than likely that I wasn't going to hear what it was that he was saying. That kind of stuff happens all the time with Dave. I could say so many things about him, but I'll just leave off by saying that he's my best friend and there is no one I appreciate more. Seriously, watching Turk and JD on Scrubs is like seeing Dave and I on screen.

This is one of my favorite scenes ever with Turk and JD:




4 comments:

gregory said...

you may never guess it and many of you won't understand, but surprisingly enough, that picture of dave was one of two i supplied to the caricature artist - HA! Thanks Magoo. Happy Dave Day indeed.

Caitlin said...

You guys are gay.

gregory said...

so does that clip and your comment make caitlin carla? or is it switched? no wait... it's gotta be your bull. u can take a good look at a butcher's as...

Laura said...

i love jd and turk. great great clip. happy b-day to dave!