Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Don't Worry, I'm Back Off The DL

I was out for a few starts, but I'm okay and back in the rotation. Is it incredibly sad that I really miss blogging when I don't do it for a few days? I get this back-log of post ideas and topics that I'd like to write on and then some of them don't happen and my precious 5 readers miss out on what's been going on. I think I'm going to break some of this stuff up, but let's start with a dear diary type of post and update you on the latest and greatest in the life of your favorite blogger (maybe?), me.

I finally got released from my calling on Sunday. I think it was bittersweet. To be honest, I just haven't been there for the last couple of months. I've had a lot going on, but I think that I could have done more than I did. In any case, what's done is done. I'm now the executive secretary. A lot of people keep telling me that I'll be more busy than my last one, but I don't think that will be the case. What's more is that as executive secretary my stewardship isn't over as many people so there is not the same sense of responsibility. That was the hardest part about that last one. Especially being in the branch, there isn't as many people available to fulfill assignments and not until the last couple months has there been a surplus of priesthood holders. I'm excited to work with the branch presidency though, and get to know them better. Plus it gives me more of a peak inside church leadership which I think is really cool in and of itself. Is that how that phrasing really goes? Anyway...

I've been feeling really vulnerable today. I know...so gay, right? But I seriously think I'm menstruating. Shouldn't that word be womenstruating? Am I right or am I right? eh? No? Okay...seriously, I've been feeling very sensitive all day long. I was watching TV before soccer tonight and I was actually really digging on the movie of the musical, Rent. I really don't know what it is, but I've just been feeling very vulnerable all day long. Very weird and very emmasculating.

Happy Birthday to Greg yesterday. We went miniature golfing the other night and it was fun to hang out. I wish they liked to hang out with us more. He and his wife are really fun, but somehow I only get to hang out with them like once a month. And so it goes...know the reference right there?

I've been really wanting to write stuff lately. Not like this simple stuff where I don't edit at all or put more effort into the craft of writing, but like really writing. I really should do a creative writing class or something. Am I brave enough to actually put stuff together and then put it on here for the world to see? I don't know. Being in this vulnerable state has really turned me into a weenie.

This weekend is Utah. I actually kind of hate going up for General Conference weekend, because I feel like it's inevitable that I end up watching a ton of TV over the weekend. But this works out timing-wise for everyone and I need my Smokehouse BBQ, baby. I think we'll also hit up Rocky Pointe while we're up there. Those are really my only two requirements. Everything else I could take or leave.

Last diary note...I'm really digging on my job these days. My boss is so cool. I get to do interviews and work with people a lot, which I really love. I've never had a job besides working with all the boys doing appraisals where I'm not really concerned about time or having the day pass. I'm not quite to the point where I'm just chopping at the bit to go back to work when the weekend is done, but I don't dread it by any means. It's a cool feeling to have that. I think it really has to do with just deciding that I'm going to do it and I'm going to make the most of it. But I think I work for a really great company and we have really great people everywhere. From top to bottom. It's challenging, but I feel at the same time that I'm really hanging in there with everything and not just getting everything done, but doing it well. I don't have any really funny interview stories because lately I've been getting just really good people in there.

3 comments:

f*bomb. said...

O.MY.GOSH.
How you don't have my phone number yet is just baffling. WOMENstating!?!? Maybe you could teach me how to be vulnerable and sensitive, because apparently, I have the emotions of a pair of pliars.

cropstar said...

womenstruating. brilliant! i serously think that is the greatest word i've ever heard. and so true.

gregory said...

hooray for OB/GYN jokes, I'm gonna tell that one to my dad! I hear you on it too. Thanks for the B-Day shout-out, I'd love to chill more than once a month, but I'm still trying to figure out where all my freakin time goes. I think I'm in another dimension. This is weird. I miss your parallel universe Sabone!