Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Shout Out

I love the blogger world. There are several people recently that I've come to really love and appreciate just because of their blogs. Want to know who they are?



Don't know her name, but here is her blog. She even linked me on her blog. Isn't that cool? So I'm going to return the favor.


Farrah. I actually met Farrah recently. Although not formally. We've danced together a couple of times, but have yet to actually talk to one another. She's popped up here and there in the comments section. She is really awesome. I think, at least. I know she's fun to dance with. And we all know that I love girls who get into dancing. It's just cool that someone can let loose and just have fun with it, that's all.


And then Karen. One of my favorite people in the whole world. Seriously.


My point in bringing this up is that I think it's amazing that we have the ability to connect with one another regardless of time or geography. We all laughed when Jim Carey envisioned playing Mortal Kombat with a friend in Vietnam, or Kip chatting online with babes all day long, but that time has come. The past is passed, the future is now! It's just neat to be able to connect with other people in these different kinds of ways. I love the miniature communities and subcultures that develop among people with common interests. It happens everywhere. I was just talking to the receptionist at my work about her cycling life and how tight-knit those people are. Then I mentioned how I have friends that are involved in soccer here in Orange County and they know everyone who has ever come out of Orange County. People crave connection on so many different levels. I'm grateful that the internet helps facilitate many of these connections.

3 comments:

Laura said...

What I think is insane is how many people I happen to know that I find linked to other peoples sites. Like, how do you know Steve Daines? I know that guy from BYU. How crazy is that?

Salt H2O said...

Thanks for the shout out. Love your blog.

f*bomb. said...

O, NICE! Thanks, sweets!
Kory is her name, and she is a dear, dear friend of mine.
As for my dancing and lack of conversating- you will see by my numerous posts on social blunders that dancing will ALWAYS trump conversation. Sad, but true. I just can't fight the beat. Next time we all get together, it will have to be in a place where I can't sing along to anything.