Monday, October 22, 2007

This Is Halloween

Guys. I got my costume. It happened a lot quicker than I had expected it to. And it was more expensive than I was planning on, but I think it was well worth it. I went to this store in Orange called Flashbacks. What's interesting is that I remember going to that store a couple of times in high school, and this afternoon when I went with Greg after lunch, the lady was playing the same band I remember listening to in that store when I went there in high school - Face to Face. I love that place though. It's this little vintage store and you can find some real treasures there.

If you didn't know, there are some fires here in Southern California. Actually some that are pretty much in my backyard. I went to work this morning and I was hoping that I would be able to get out of it, but I didn't want to be lame and leave just because I didn't feel like being there. So I piddled around for about a half hour before I'd put it to my boss and just tell her my situation, where I lived, etc. and see what she would have to say. Before I could get everything out she asked me, "well what are you doing here? I was glued to the TV all night, you better go home!" Free day! Yahoo!

And the best of all scenarios occurred. The fire is close enough to warrant me taking the day off, but not so close that I actually have to evacuate or be worried. So I went to lunch with some friends, and got my costume at Flashbacks.

Anyway...the woman working there is probably in her 50s, had on a blonde wig with some pink highlights, black-rimmed glasses, red lipstick, and white dress a la the rockabilly style. So she saw me gathering my accessories and some other kids were trying on some wigs and they were laughing with one another and she walks up to one of them and pulls the wig off and gives it to me and tells me, "oh this is perfect! You could trim the bangs a little bit and put on some black eye-liner." She knew exactly what I was piecing together, and I just loved her for it. When I asked her for what kind of shirt I should get, she confirmed my sentiments saying, "it doesn't matter just as long as whatever you get you cut off the sleeves. I was cutting off my sleeves for ten years." So I will have some pics for you guys this weekend, or next week.

No comments: