Thursday, May 1, 2008

Catch of the Day



For a live performance, the sound quality is amazing on that video. As I mentioned in the previous post, I've been in a funny mood lately. It's interesting to me how much short-term circumstances can completely envelope my outlook on things in general. For the last week or so I've been in a reggae/Ben Harper-Jack Johnson kind of mood with music, although I don't think I could ever listen to Jack with the same gusto that I did 5-6 years ago. Lately I've been gravitating more to that kind of easy listening just because I think I kind of have a delicate frame of mind right now. And it's weird to me because nothing significant has changed from a month or two months ago, and it bothers me that I'm just not feeling more motivated or just excited in general, but I'm just not. My job is still the same. I'm still exercising about as much. I think you could go back about a month ago and there would still be the exact same headlines in politics. And sports, if anything, has gotten more exciting now than it did in February-March. The NFL draft just happened, the Lakers are killing right now, and baseball is in full swing and the Angels have the best record in the American League. And I'm going to my third game of the season tonight. So why the lack of excitement? I dunno. It's weird. You'd think with how awesome I'm getting with jumping rope that I would be feeling sunny and bright, but I'm just not there. At least not all the way. I'm sure it will pass, and I actually am pretty excited about the game tonight and Iron Man tomorrow. I think maybe the status quo is just not doing it for me.

I think maybe my mood was pretty affected by soccer last night too. There was one guy in particular that just really rubbed me wrong, and I hardly got to play at all because so many guys showed up. I think it's nothing that some extra whiffleball can't fix.

When I listen to Ben, I tend to think the same thing Peter does about Lionel in the clip below:

No comments: