Sunday, May 18, 2008

Who Knew Coupons Could Save So So Much?

Dave, this is the article I was referring to, and for everyone else, this story is pretty crazy. Do you guys ever bother saving and using coupons at the grocery store? There is a woman in Atlanta who used to spend about $200-250 a week on groceries for her family of five. She decided she would curb spending and so now she looks for about an hour a week for specials, shops one day for about 3-4 hours visiting several stores and spends about $20-30 on her groceries. No joke. Read the story.

3 comments:

Dave said...

AWE some.

You used to make fun of me for looking at the grocery coupons in Provo. "Look at the price on that sandwich meat! That's a great deal!"

I wanna get good at coupons.

Unknown said...

I just started getting the Sunday paper so I can cut out coupons. Now I have a big ole stack of em.

And I forget them at home when I go grocery shopping.

At least I'm halfway there...

Laura said...

i too constantly forget the coupons i clip - so i spend my time clipping coupons and then going through my coupon book chucking all the ones that expired.

who has 5 hours though to spend on grocery shopping? that is my question...and with 3 kids?