Wednesday, May 7, 2008

So Much Good Stuff

I just wanted to say thanks for your comments and suggestions. Jared, I love that I Will Teach You To Be Rich blog. Through that blog I also found this blog, Get Rich Slowly. What I think is so great about both of those is that they are well written sites that teach practical principles in simple terms. It's the kind of general, broad-ranging advice that everyone should listen to. I think I spent most of my morning perusing those two sites.

And thanks in general for all of your comments here and there. I seriously love to hear feedback, even if it's a putdown, Laura (I sure as hell did come up with that phrase. You know you'd be doing the same thing too if it were your blog. I think you're just jealous that I'm more black than you are now, admit it!). It really is nice to get your words of encouragement, well wishes, input, or anything else you might have to say. I live for it, so thank you.

I found this site, Blogcritics, and I love the concept of it because it was something that I was talking about with a friend not too long about developing ourselves. Essentially it's an online magazine and they have many different authors contributing to a number of different topics. I've actually been looking for something that maybe I could contribute to myself without too big of a commitment, but that would be a forum where I could be more widely read, and have some feedback on my writing. Now that I'm considering it more seriously, I'm a little bit intimidated by it. I'm not a real writer, I don't have a real portfolio except for this blog, so would my little tidbits be of any worth to them? Can I write to an audience wider than my little circle of friends and random people that pop up here and there? I'm really hoping so. I think what I'll do is over the next several weeks come up with 3-5 original articles on different topics and post them here, and reference them when I ask for their consideration. I'm really excited, and slightly nervous, about it. So if you have any input as to what subjects I write best about, what I speak most knowledgeably about, or even just other things I can do to improve my writing, I'd love to hear it.

I feel like there are 10,000 different things I want to do and there just aren't enough hours in the day to do it all. I'm running four days a week now, playing soccer one day, but I still want to incorporate weightlifting and jump rope into my exercise routine; I want to attend church activities as much as I can, but I also want to see my brother and my dad on a regular basis; I want a night for TV-palooza, but then I also want to hit one game in every Angels homestand; I want to blog consistently, but I also want to write seriously in a different kind of forum. And read my scriptures, go to the temple, see my friends, enjoy myself, but then have 4 hours every once in a while to look at a shady Russian music website that I pay with currency units. And go to the beach every Saturday. Thankfully, I have yet to reach the Jesse-Spano-defcon-level.



And I just like this song right now. It's happy. Happy.

2 comments:

Laura said...

ahhh, love you chris. and, no, you are not blacker than me (remember, you are asian)...have you forgot my dancin skillz?

i think the writing thing sounds awesome, can't wait for you to post material. i know what you mean about not enough hours to do everything...i feel the same way, but most of the stuff is things i need to do, and not fun stuff.

Silvs said...

But at least I'm a minority. Although you do have some mad dance skilz. That last sentence is inspiring another post...