Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I Can't Decide What To Post Today

There are a lot of things that I kind of want to touch on, but nothing I feel like writing at length about. Doing the blogcritics stuff is fun, but it takes my attention away from here, at least when it comes to posts where I comment on more stuff. We'll see about that one. I'm not feeling as excited about that one right now. I'm not really sure why it is. I think the main reason might be that I just don't want my own blog to suffer. Isn't that lame for me to think? ...like I'm so proud of this one in its current state, anyway. I'm still waiting on getting the MxPx album...I guess I'm wondering what the benefit of writing on there will be when it doesn't really seem like my writing gets much more attention there than it does here. Plus on here, I can be careless. I dunno...we'll see.

I've adopted some new internet habits. The bookmarks thing has been so great, and once I compile a bigger list of stuff, I'll link my bookmarks on here. Mostly what I've been using it for is linking articles - church stuff, politics, articles I find interesting. So for future reference, if you're like, what was that one thing Silva was talking about? You'll be able to link via the bookmarks thingee.

My search habits go like this:
  1. Email
  2. ESPN
  3. Prosportsdaily
  4. Hugh Hewitt
  5. Powerline
  6. National Review Online
  7. Google Reader - incorporating this into my routine has been SO awesome. I can't believe I haven't started using it sooner. Or bloglines, or any of the other RSS feed thingers that are out there. It makes it so easy to follow all of your blogs, plus my recent favorite finance blogs. The fact that you guys don't ever really post has also made it pretty easy to follow your blogs too.
  8. Investor's Business Daily (IBD) Editorials - this one is new for me, but I'm loving it so far. These guys I think come from middle-right on the political spectrum and comment on pretty much everything. I'll link some stuff I thought was interesting later in the post.
  9. James Taranto's Best of the Web Today - this one is really new for me, but this guy is moderate and he gathers news and links from around the web daily. I really like his commentary, and going here as led me to...
  10. Wall Street Journal Online - I've been wanting a national publication that didn't lean heavily in one direction or another politically. I guess some people will say that WSJ leans more right because it's owned by Rupert Murdoch, but I think that anything that isn't CNN, MSNBC, or New York and LA Times is going to look far right-wing, comparatively. It's really great though because they have world news stuff that I don't hear enough about, and a great finance section.

So here are a couple of items that I thought were really interesting from around the web:

  • Surge to Victory -
    Has there ever been such an epidemic of terrorist surrender? And the trend is growing. For the first time, the possibility of a world without major terror organizations is real. The world has shrunk for them, while the nations that fight back are getting stronger.

    Significantly, those doing much of the winning are U.S. allies — the ones we supposedly don't have.
  • Fuel protests in Europe - Think gas is expensive here? How about $9 a gallon in Europe? As annoyed as we might be with our prices, it's really not that bad. Nobody is protesting and blocking others from driving.
  • And Democrats' solution to oil prices

I can't seem to find links to all the stuff I was reading this morning. And my attention has been divided as well.

About gas...on my way home from work there is a Costco with a gas station so I usually try and make a point to fill up there. Normally it's pretty busy after work, but yesterday was especially crazy. There are at least 5 stations, and two pumps per station with both sides to each pump open, so at least 20 available spots to fill up. Normally they are all taken up, but yesterday each line was about 4 cars deep passed what was already in use. There were a lot of cars there.

No comments: