Friday, May 16, 2008

Happy Blogday Rollin' In My 6-4!

Yup, today is it. The one year anniversary of the birth of this blog. Here is a reprint of the first post:

What is with the blogging craze? It's like a less personal journal that we want everyone to read. It seems so self-absorbed, but I'm inclined to indulge in the deluge of blogging. I like that sentence. We'll see how long I actually stick with this. Odds are that I do this for a month or two and get bored and move on to something else. What will probably happen is that I'll get focused on what I'm currently distracted from, then come back here, and wash, rinse, and repeat frequently. I've been wanting a forum to capture some of my thoughts though, and whether or not they are relevant to anything or even worth reading about, hopefully I can pump out a steady stream of consciousness at you. So be on notice.
I should have remember my addictive tendencies and realized that I would be hooked. Since the birth of the blog, there have been over 6,600 visits. Probably about 1,000 of those are between Dave and Caitlin. Greg probably has about 500. Karen about 500, although I'm not sure it registers visits through reader. I'm pretty sure it doesn't. 1,000 are rewarded each to searches for "Janet Reno Dance Party" or some derivative of that search, and "rollin' in my 6-4." Seriously, I get several hits a day on each of those searches. More recently some popular search terms include:
  • Josh Hamilton
  • St. George Marathon
  • Unwritten Law Anaheim House of Blues
  • Mother's Who Know (I've actually gotten a good amount from that one too). When you type in Mothers Who Know Petition, I'm actually the first that pops up on Google.
  • Some of the names that come up the most in searches - Kent Sommer, Robbie Haglund, Dave Axelgard, and Allison Rubino. Weird, huh? I think of those searches, Robbie's are probably from himself. Those of you who know him can understand that.
  • I want to dip my balls in it
  • And many, many more!

This is the 382nd post, which means I'm a freak. I don't think I'll ever clear the one a day post threshold again, just because I exploded last June when I started the blog with 60 posts. Since then it has been a pretty steady 5 or so a week.

Thanks everyone for the comments you leave and participating in the blog. Like I said yesterday, I did finally write my first post for Blogcritics, which is not located to the left of this page. However, it has to go through editors before being posted, so I'm assuming they'll notify me when it's up and then I can post it on here. And I'll include a link to the site and you can check it out there.

Approximate hours at work that I've wasted on this blog: 4,000. A serious guess at it...with 365 days a year, minus 104 weekend days a year, minus about half of my posts aren't at work...probably 130 days at work I've actually written at work, so a little less than an hour on a post, meaning about 100 hours of work on the actual blog. Including this one.

2 comments:

Douglas said...

How do you find out what searches showed you as a result?

Silvs said...

Site statcounters. Usually you have to pay for that feature that mentions search terms, but a friend hooked me up.