Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fun Stuff

I saw this post on Grammar on Stuff White People Like:


White people love rules. It explains why so they get upset when people cut in line, why they tip so religiously and why they become lawyers. But without a doubt, the rule system that white people love the most is grammar. It is in their blood not only to use perfect grammar but also to spend significant portions of time pointing out the errors of others.

When asking someone about their biggest annoyances in life, you might expect responses like “hunger,” “being poor,” or “getting shot.” If you ask a white person, the most common response will likely be “people who use ‘their’ when they mean ‘there.’ Maybe comma splices, I’m not sure but it’s definitely one of the two.”
Some of you jerks are SO white. Just sayin'.

***WHOA!!! I'd like to direct your attention to Laura's comment calling me out on my grammar snobbery...when have I EVER corrected you on that kind of thing? It's precisely because I find that habit so grating that I actually pride myself on not doing it. Although I can distinctly remember having been corrected by YOU on subject-verb agreement and ending a sentence with a preposition - in my speech, no less! Not even in writing! Me so sorry that I onry poor asian boy who no speak the engrish quite as perfertry as you.

I liked this article from The Onion about Everything Falling Apart, Reports Institute For Somehow Managing To Hold It All Together.




This one is terrible...ly awesome.


2 comments:

Laura said...

i HATE mix ups of their and there. but, i don't usually point it out. and fyi, i think you are the biggest grammar snob out there, so BACK off us white peeps.

Dave said...

HAHAHAHa...

That video of the age progression is funny.