Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Just Some Stuff

Do you guys use all the other Google applications? They're so great - Reader, the IGoogle homepage, everything. I've been using those a little bit more lately and they're fantastic.

So Karen has been utilizing a foreign download service for music and I've been hesitant to jump on board...until this past Saturday, at which time I proceeded to spend about 3-4 hours looking up music, purchasing and downloading a lot of it. For about $15 I got about 80 songs. I couldn't stop myself, I just got so excited about it. I was seriously like the lab monkey who figures out which button it is that sends the electric pulses into the pleasure areas in his brain and keeps pushing the button until he dies of hunger. Luckily for me, the beach was calling me on Saturday. I'm almost afraid to go back to it because I know I'll get sucked in for another several hours the next time I go on. This is one of the gems that I came across. Can you believe I like this crap? And I don't just like it...I love it.




Does anyone know of any relevant art critics? I'm looking for a blog or something that is worth reading. And finance websites or blogs that would be interesting also. Something enjoyable enough for someone with a basic knowledge of each, but looking to get more immersed. Send me anything my way that you might know of.

This week I'm tranisitioning into exclusively running as my workout routine in anticipation of the marathon in Chicago. Well at least not relying on the gym until the marathon. I can't believe you are bailing on me. You know who you are. I've thought about using this resource at this website, Stickk. It's an interesting concept. A Yale professor formulated the idea behind it, essentially being that having a known public contract can greatly aid in people fulfilling their goals. You can even pay money and they hold onto it until you say that you actually completed the task.

There is so often a gap between the things we say we want to do, and then the things that we actually do. Sometimes I think I thrive off that challenge of not just talking, but doing and I really hope that's true when it comes to finishing that marathon come October 12th. We're really doing it Harry!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For finance, you might like:
http://www.iwillteachyoutoberich.com/blog/

I actually don't visit it very often, because I go to the hardcore bearish sighs like calculatedrisk.blogspot.com (I think that's the link).

cropstar said...

Good luck with the marathon!!
And I'm impressed with your unabashed adoration of hair bands.