Thursday, May 29, 2008

Post Secret

So I kind of love the site, Post Secret. Here is so more info on it.The presentation of some of the secrets is really cool, but mostly I love how personal it feels. I would think that in all of us there is something that we hide, or we try and ignore, or that sometimes we openly flaunt, so that we can better attempt to confront whatever it is that is on our minds.

There are funny ones like, "I like the smell of my own farts," or, "I am the fat man who wears speedos in public. I don't care what I look like. I do it because it makes me feel sexy." And every time I went to the beach and saw that guy I always thought to myself, "does he realize what he's doing?" Apparently, he does. Then there are the ones that are like, "you don't know this, but if you hadn't stayed up until 4:45 am with me in the dorm bathroom that night, I would have killed myself."

It just feels very real to me, and I really dig on that. Here is a video with a bunch of the postcards, but the blog updates Sunday nights. You can't look through the archive, but you can go on there and check out what's new.

1 comment:

gregory said...

what an interesting video - i'm surprised at how many sad ones i laughed at, and how many i thought 'oh that's me', or 'that could be me', or 'you are freaking gross dude!'