Sunday, September 9, 2007

BYU Vs. OOKLAH The Punk

I wish that were a better picture, but when I was taking the picture the UCLA fans were really rocking the stands. Plus my camera doesn't really have image stabilizing. Anyway...as you probably already know, we lost this one. But I think there were a lot of moral victories to be had. To come into the home stadium of a top 25 team and almost win is pretty big. Plus our QB is only a sophomore and that was his first road game. I won't really comment much more on the game. Some calls didn't go our way, but what can you do? I think it's something they can build off of though.
You know what's funny? I think I'm a really good sport when it comes to losing, like when it's my team or just me. But when my team loses, I'm totally a sore loser. I freakin' hate it. I think it's because I pin my hopes on my team and then I can't do anything about it. Anyways....

Being up in LA, we thought we'd take advantage and head on over to Pink's. If you haven't been there it's wonderful. I didn't take that picture. But I'll include some other ones. They have these crazy concoctions and they pile on as much crap as they possibly can onto these hot dogs. It gets celebrity approval from a lot of people who are pictured in the little stand. Dave and I split three artery-busting beauties - the Today Show dog, the Ozzy Dog, and the Lord of the Rings. I'm not even an onion ring guy by any means, but I LOVED their rings. It really was awesome. LA has got all sorts of crazy crap that is worth driving up there for. Tommy Burgers are just as wonderful and aorta clogging. Diddy Reese continues to pump out the most wonderful ice cream sandwiches for just $1.25. And there is supposed to be a really good, authentic philly cheesesteak place that I'll have to find up there too. LA is cool. It's got such a unique culture and feel to it. I almost left out Tito's Tacos. Gotta love greasy fast food. I really do feel like a load of crap, but luckily our soccer league starts this week, plus we have our Wednesday indoor night, and then the 5 miler. So I'm roped into exercising whether I like it or not.
These entries feel really boring because I'm not really going beyond just telling you what happened. I'll get to that some other time. It's been a very busy last several days for me so you're lucky that I'm even posting. I will say that I'm disappointed all my teams lost this weekend, but I can still take a lot away from what happened. The Angels split a series with a really good Indians team without their best player. The Raiders lost a game that not many people expected them to win anyway, but at least showed some promise on offense scoring 3 touchdowns when they socred 12 all of last season. And they were in the game up until the last few minutes. And they might not even have had their best QB in the game with Culpepper sitting. I don't really need them to win this season as long as they can continue to build through the draft. If they kind of build like the 49ers have the last few years, then I think we could be in good shape. Honestly...it can't get any worse right? We're already the worst in the league as of last year, so it's only up from here.

2 comments:

Dave said...

What about that sweet picture I took of the 4-Runner or that blurry mess I took when I was trying not to get rear-ended by that one dude who was honking and kinda crazy?

I love thee Pinks.

Valerie said...

You forgot the best thing about L.A. are the people. Hello! Laura and I live there!!