Sunday, September 16, 2007

Taste Of Newport

That was my Friday evening. I just love the atmosphere that we have here in Southern California. There was an outdoor market type setup and an assortment of restaurants and vendors were there to entice my tastebuds. I didn't end up having a whole lot, but the tri-tip sandwich and Maggie Moo's ice cream that I did have were great. However, the main attraction wasn't the food.
Yup, Gods of Rock Huey Lewis and the News graced Orange County with their presence. My favorite was hearing the heart-beat-like-percussions that open up the song Heart Of Rock And Roll that beckoned me to partake of their tasty licks, and I'm talking music hear people (pun-intended). They also played such classics as Power Of Love, I Want A New Drug, and Hip To Be Square. The one song that I wanted to hear the most, If This Is It, never came on while we were there. My date and I had had enough of the HL & The News. To be honest, I feel like I was a pretty boring date. I just started last week with the normal 40 hour work week and to be honest, it really has been taking its toll on me. She was a good sport, but I felt like I wasn't much for energy that evening, so my apologies. But the food was good and it was cool starting off my weekend with Huey.

1 comment:

Dave said...

When the news breaks... you better be watchin.