Monday, September 3, 2007

Movie: Stardust




Wanting just to avoid the heat, we thought it would be a good idea to just go and pick out some movie and sit in a cool, air-conditioned theater for a good 1 1/2-2 hours. It came down to Stardust, Balls of Fury, and Death Sentence. After some deliberation, Stardust won out. I had seen the previews and it looked mildly appealing, but at the time I thought I wouldn't be in the mood. Then we got in and it turned out to be awesome. Probably one of the best movies I've seen all summer. I think every single one of us was so stunned at how clever and sweet the entire movie is. It was great. Do go see this one. I might even see it again. Yeah...it's that good.

We did end up going to see Balls of Fury another day. Don't bother. Even under penalty of death. It's just SO STUPID. And it will bother you that other people are laughing at such stupid jokes. It was weird. It was like we were trapped in some bubble where we thought everything was so dumb and predictable and everyone else could see the humor that we couldn't figure out. Don't waste your time with this one.

No comments: