Thursday, September 20, 2007

More Thinking Out Loud

How is the new layout working out for everyone? Is everything visible? Does it look alright? I’ve been looking at other templates and was going to make a change for a while, but then I started playing around with the html editor and this is all I really wanted anyway. I think I might be changing some of the colors and stuff. Lately for posting jobs I’ve been picking up a little on basic html code and it’s been fun. I actually would like to learn how to build web pages sometime. Any tips on where or how to start learning? Anyways…

I didn’t mention anything about our game the other night because it really wasn’t exciting. We won, but we should have killed them. When you’re playing in a B-league with older dudes, you feel like you should be racking on the other teams like 10-0 every game. But last night at the church was SO MUCH fun, for me at least. My team just had perfect chemistry the whole time. It’s funny how certain things like this give me so much pleasure. I can’t tell you how much I just love when my team is on, or when I’m just on and we score sweet goals and all it is is just kicking a ball at a trash can inside of the church with my friends. Or how great it feels to crank on that whiffle ball and see it hit the beachfront properties and I get a point for a home run because my ball passed an arbitrary line that we drew in the sand. I really dig on that stuff though, it’s kinda funny.

I think the phrase,”nut up,” is funny. You figure it out.

Have you heard all the fuss about Donovan McNabb? He made some comments about how it’s harder for black quarterbacks in the NFL. I know I’m not black so what I say doesn’t have much relevance to that topic, but I think it’s contrived. Okay…so I don’t know what it’s like to be made so conscious of my race every single day, but I think a lot of it is self-inflicted. The more you talk about your blackness, the more people will notice it and the more divisions it creates. I think it was Morgan Freeman who made a similar point about how we will never get over racial inequality so long as we keep on talking about the things that divide us, such as color. I think celebrating diversity and heritage is great, but often it seems to come at the expense of unity and harmony. And no matter how he said his comments, Donovan still comes off as whiny because he’s even bringing it up. That’s how it appears at least to a person who isn’t in a similar position, i.e. me.

There was something else I wanted to mention, but I can’t think of it now. I still really love those pirate jokes. I thought more people would be excited about that. I really hope you’re all doing well. I don’t know where that came from, but I really feel it. I’m intensely interested in your success and it’s so cool to hear about your promotions, good grades, and the like. Sounds cheesy, but it’s true. Anyway, that’s it for now.

No comments: