Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Your Theme Song

This post owes its existence to Jared.

Jared had mentioned tonight that a couple of good date questions are, 1) what is your personal theme song? and 2) what is our theme song? The second obviously comes later. But I started to think about what my own personal theme song would be. And it's hard for me to say. I feel it's similar to the question of what is your favorite movie? It mostly depends on my mood. Doesn't it? Because if I'm feeling sappy I'll want to watch You've Got Mail, but if I'm feeling melancholy then maybe something more sober. Or if I'm excited, then something really happy right?

Then I started to think about what qualities I thought my theme song should have. I'd like it to be happy because maybe I'm not always super happy, but I'd like to try to be. I'd like it to be something that is fun to move to. And as I was going through my most played songs, they are mostly punk songs with teenage angst and frustration with unrequited love. In fact, that would probably be my theme type of song because so many of my favorite songs are about that stuff. Anyway...I ended up choosing the song in this commercial. Let the gay jokes about Silva begin.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Ha, I actually really like that commercial. so, i know this sounds strange, but I have always asserted that my theme song is "Ball and Chain" by Social D. Not really sure why....I guess I just pictured that playing in the background as I was walking and having a hard day or something. I'll have to think of a new inspirational one for good days.

Valerie said...

I love Queen, so I'll back you on your theme song. But, fyi, lead singer Freddie Mercury was way gay!

Anonymous said...

I think this is a good song choice. When I heard the commercial I was like, yeah, that fits Chris.

gregory said...

Dude, you're gay! I also remember you saying once how you wouldn't mind having Patrick Ewing sit on your face after a basketball game. Great song choice though, for a fruit cup.

Silvs said...

Val...I know about Freddie's orientation. If he didn't admit to it, I would have never imagined in a million years that the same guy who sings the Flash Gordon theme song would be the same guy who would actually want to make love to Flash Gordon. FLASH! AHHHH-AHHHH! Wasn't he bi?

I think I mentioned this, but going through my favorite songs playlist...most of them are all just quaint punk songs about chicks. I guess there's just not a lot to me.

Douglas said...

ok, so of tons of songs i love, queen has got quite a few on the top list. i love their sound. gay people are just so gay. so, if you are in the mortgage industry and don't know where your next paycheck is gonna come from, go to my blog and rock with freddie and one of my current favorites "don't stop me now". (doesn't it sound like i should say that in a radio dj's voice) it makes me a bit happier though.