Sunday, August 26, 2007

Are You Ready For Some Football?

I finally saw a preaseason game last Friday. Most of it, anyway. The third of the four preseason games is the most significant because it's when the first team will play the most snaps in the game because they are trying to determine starters. The last game is all the leftovers. This one was especially important because Dante Culpepper was given the nod to start. And he did well. I know it's only preseason, and they actually did really well last year in the preseason, but they looked good. Offense was clicking and their defense was lights out. That defensive four upfront was swarming the Rams the entire time. And then the secondary is starting to turn into a shut down unit. I still think their running game will blow, but if Michael Bush can be half as good as they had projected before he got injured last year, then we might be alright.

But I'm just so pumped for football. The fall is my favorite time of the year. It is when you have new beginnings. The temperature is nice and comfortable. The air is crisp. Or crisper, at least. And then you have Halloween (which I'm already planning for, and I will be posting about this later). But you have the entrance of that wonderful season from October through January 1st that is just so awesome. I love it. And on top of all of that...you have football. And the pennant races are in full gear and the playoffs and World Series. It's really just such an awesome time. I freakin' love it.

Anyways...I'm not getting my hopes up yet, but we are looking alright for the upcoming season. Alright, meaning something like 5-6 wins. Who knows. My only concern is that we sign Jamarcus before the start of the season. This is kind of ridiculous. I sent out invites for Fantasy Football. Let me know if you didn't get an invite. We can work you in. But I have to like you.

1 comment:

Dave said...

I didn't even have to get "worked in"... does that mean you like me?