Friday, August 10, 2007

President James E. Faust 1920 - 2007

Did you hear about this? So sad, huh? I didn't realize that he was 87 years old. I love love love President Faust. I guess I feel that away about all the First Presidency and Quorum of the 12. Although he was really starting to show his age the last several years, he still has given some really memorable talks recently. What he may have been lacking in physical presence, he more than made up for in his strength as one of the Lord’s most integral servants in the kingdom. That President Hinckley is outlasting his peers that are 10 or more years younger than him is so absurd to me. This will be really interesting for me because this will be my first experience as a member with the reorganization of the First Presidency. I guess it won’t really be a reorganization, but I’ve never been around with the passing of someone in the First Presidency. What is crazy is that the complexion of the Quorum of the 12 and the First Presidency will go through some dramatic changes in the next few years as we’ve already had two recently called to serve. Office pool on who’s going to fill in? My money is on...Elder Holland. I know, it’s crazy, right? Total wild card pick with that one, but I think they will go with someone younger, but with substantial experience serving in the 12. Elder Packer seems too obvious a choice to me.

Back to President Faust…what a wonderful man. That’s one guy that you have no need to worry about meeting his Maker. Rest in peace.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

I heard just this morning -- my friend sent me a text message about it. Very sad, indeed. He was such a great man, but I know he has a great reward awaiting him.