Thursday, August 30, 2007

I Hate That

I hate no response. Just absolutely detest it. And even if the person has a good excuse, I still just hate being in the dark and not really knowing what’s going on. I sent out several emails to employers, professors, and I’m really interested in getting answers back because these things will determine a lot of my future and I’m just not hearing anything back. I know that I need to be more patient and cut people some slack because my anxiousness does not constitute their emergency, but I’d like to think that I do the best I can to respond to any question or request that anyone has of me. You know…that’s actually not true. I guess I’m just a self-centered jerk who wants an answer back not even as soon as possible, but immediately. I know, I’m an idiot. But these questions that I have are a really big deal to me right now. I think that's mostly where this is coming from and so that escalates my interest in hearing back from these people. My questions are about the program I'm looking at, letters of recommendation, and new jobs. Pretty important stuff. I think that's where my sense of urgency is coming from. That’s all.

5 comments:

gregory said...

i thought it'd be funny if no one posted a response to this, but then i had no way of informing everyone about it without making a comment. Bier dure. I hate lack of response too. I got lucky w/ my LOR for derntal schuule. You're not an idiot for wanting really important things done quickly. Time is of the essence on certain things. I'm pretty gregoriocentric sometimes b/c things gotta get done. good luck Sabone.

Dave said...

You look really cartoony in that photo.

Caitlin said...

I know! It's like when I'm waiting for the blue line to appear, I just want to throw the stupid think back in the toilet!

gregory said...

throw it back in the toilet? did you get it out of the toilet? i don't understand caitlin. what are you peeing on?

Douglas said...

who's having your baby chris?