Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Run Hit Remix

Who is in for this race? I ran this a couple of years ago with a bunch of people and it was really fun. Maybe you don't enjoy running all that much, but it is actually really fun to be with like 20-30 thousand people all running together through the streets of LA. Even the smaller races are still fun. It's a really unique kind of energy and I'm not like a big time runner, but I really think these things are fun. And this one is especially cool because you go through downtown LA, starting off by the Coliseum and you run down streets where there are frat and sorority houses and kids are cheering you and doing beer bongs on the lawns, it's really awesome. So you have all of that AND then interspersed throughout the course there are bands playing their sweet hits. Check out this line-up:
  • Naughty By Nature
  • Sugarhill Gang
  • Sir Mix-A-Lot
  • and the crown jewel...MC Hammer, baby

I like at least one song from all of those people. Plus they give you a cool Nike shirt that absorbs sweat and crazy crap like that. Way fun. So who is in? I'm not gonna be super competitive like I was last time so I won't just leave you alone. This is a 5-MILE run not 5-K so it's a little harder, but I think still definitely worth it. And then you finish off with bagels. What's not to love? And you get a sweet medal too. What else can I possibly entice you with? I saw Owen Hemsath last time. How random is that, Dave? So make comments, please join me. It is really fun. And it's a Saturday morning. Last year it was on a Sunday so we lucked out.

Maybe you're wondering why I have Greg's picture posted. They give you a sensor to track your time and so that they know which pictures to send to you. When he picked up our bags and things, he switched ours. I didn't want my own pictures anyway when he's so pretty.

5 comments:

gregory said...

that is a sweat picture of a sweat guy. he looks handsome, and sweety. nice legs dude...

Laura said...

when is this...and how much does it cost?

Laura said...

you got me hooked with that sweet line up.

cuz i'm naughty by nature, not cuz i hate cha

Dave said...

September 15th... Caitlin and I are in. So is Matt Paul. If we sign up in groups of 4 we get to be VIPs and get extra stuff and cool seats for MC Hammer.


Go Hammer! (He's too legit... too legit to quit)

Silvs said...

It is on Saturday September 15th. I linked the website so you can check it out yourself. It's in the morning on the 15th. I don't know the cost, but I think it's about $30-40. Let's all go. Lots of fun.