Saturday, August 25, 2007

Need New Job. Will Work For Food. And Other Stuff.

I work mostly with two other people in the HR department at the company I'm at. There is the Director and Coordinator. We'll call them Claudia and Marla, respectively, because those are their names. Claudia got offered another job about a month ago with a different company and almost left. Once the President found out, she offered Claudia more money. Like 30k more. Damn, right? But she came back and Marla was talking to her and was like, well...are we going to get anything? Because everyone has been really pleased with the work Marla and I have done, but we're not getting paid nearly what some of these other idiots are getting. And I know because I see their salaries all the time. So Claudia was like...I know, I know. I'll get you more money. She told Marla about 15k more, just for her. And when we last spoke with her, she really gave the impression that speaking with the President was just a formality and we could almost count on it. Well, mentally I really did start thinking that way.

My first day back from Utah, I found out the answer - no. That's it. We just have to wait until the normal merit increases in December. And even then, it may not be anything more than the normal increase for cost of living expenses, which might be just like five percent or so. Up until this point, I was kind of content with what I was earning, but hearing about the raise really put me in a different mindset and gave me a sense of entitlement to more money. And Marla kind of felt the same way. Although hers is a combination of being dissatisfied with her compensation and the crap she gets from Claudia. So now she's looking. And so am I. With school being the goal for next Fall, I'm really just looking to save enough money to cover at least the first year of school. Now that I have no restrictions on schedule, or what it is that I will do, I'm open to ANYTHING. So if you hear or know anybody who needs anybody, please send them my way. I will do anything for the next year, so long as I can make at least 40k this next year.

No comments: