Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Happy Birthday Michael!

Yup, he turns a spry 49 years old today. Remember when this guy wasn’t an absolute freak? I was going to post a terrible photo of him because those are in abundance, but I prefer my Michael Jackson chocolate and child free, as opposed to vanilla and the homosexual pedophile that he has more recently become. How can you go so wrong, Michael?

I love Psycho Mike. I think he might be at least as funny as Ralph.

Did anybody catch the Angels game last night? That was some grit, I’ll tell ya what. I saw that first inning and I think that just might break poor Ervin Santana. But to comeback from five down against the team that up until a few days ago was right on your heels, and to do it in their ballpark to boot, that is some tenacity. Let’s go to a game this weekend? I think I’m in for Saturday because I want to go to that concert on Friday night. That might define their season right there though. I really can’t believe the performance that Dustin Moseley put on though. He came in with two on and one out, and got them out of the inning and went almost another five innings. And Vlad was freakin’ clutch as always. It really was awesome.

How are little Asian guys able to put up so much weight? I was at least as big as this one guy who was doing a dumbbell press and he was doing about 60 more pounds than I normally do. You know Chino? He can freakin’ bench 280. The guy weighs like 140. It’s crazy. Another crazy thing about Nick…his hospital wanted some entries into the LA marathon and they volunteered him and a few other guys to run it, THE WEEK BEFORE. So with no training, from one day to the next the guy ran a freakin’ marathon. He said it was one of the hardest things he had ever done. I swear…it’s all about your own boundaries that you put up that prevent you from doing those things that you don’t think are possible. A little less impressive, but still very difficult – when my brother was in the military would have fitness tests and then for a three-mile run he just decided that he would do it in 18 minutes. And he totally made it. He wasn’t in any kind of shape whatsoever. He just decided and he did it. That’s cool.

2 comments:

gregory said...

psycho mike is just as funny sometimes. esp since he just yells comments from the background.

chino is a robot. i've seen his inner circuitry boards. that's not a euphemism.

it's all about levers. asian guys generally have shorter limbs, so shorter levers; easier to lift stuff. it's physics.

Silvs said...

I wanted to make a joke about short levers, but thought better of it...how do you explain his brother who can put up 330 and he's like 6 ft?

I love when Mike gets surprised by one of their bits and laughs in the background. Happened this morning when the centennarian spoke of giving Churchill and hand, so to speak...But Mike does a lot of the voices on the show, and like all of the songs and for all of that...I love him.