Thursday, August 30, 2007

What A Bust

Can you believe this guy? He twisted his knee last night and will be out for 4-6 weeks. Plus they lost. Again. I feel bad. This is turning out to be such a huge bust. They aren't winning, he's not doing interviews, and now he's hurt. It blows.

On the brighter side...the Angels swept the Mariners. They are really turning it on. And I'm totally turned on by how well they are playing. By the way, the LA Times has the best photos, by far. They climbed to their highest amount of games over .500, being 25 games over. They gutted out a sweep with 30 games to go. Two guys I’m really impressed with right now are Kendry Morales and Jeff Mathis. Kendry is en fuego, and in that comeback win the other night, Mathis had his best play of the season throwing out Ichiro trying to steal second when the game was still tied. That was huge because Ichiro is probably the best base-stealer in baseball and up until that point, Jeff wasn’t throwing anybody out. I hope you all are appreciating how exciting this part of the season is for baseball. There is so much drama with the pennant races and with teams showing their true colors, closing gaps or extending leads, it’s a really awesome time of the year. So live it up.

Am I so lame that I like that song Misery something or other by the band Paramour? That is the band with the girl lead singer, but it’s pretty dope. Yup. Dope. Her voice actually reminds me of the dude from Coheed & Cambria. Maybe that’s way. Or maybe I’m just super gay. Probably both. I also like the new Kanye West song. The guy is such an idiot, but he makes catchy music, ya know what I mean?

No comments: