Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I'm Very Blessed

In the album booklet of the Pennywise CD that they released just after their bassist accidentally shot himself they include a quote from Abraham Lincoln that says something to the effect of, "the better part of one's life consists of his friends." I just want to bear testimony of that statement.

I am so privileged to have the most wonderful friendships and associations right now. I can't believe how lucky I am to know the people that I know. No matter how difficult my situation has been, I have been so abundantly cared for and watched over by so many good people. And it's not just the people that I'm super close with that are always there, but so many others who I may not see as often that are just there in the wings.

I have interacted with so many different people this week alone and everytime I walk away feeling just so blessed to know the people that I know and so uplifted by each of their presences. I don't feel like making that a better sentence. But...I just felt like saying thanks. It's nice just to talk about life and just know that people are there listening and interested in what's going on.

Dave and Caitlin...I keep forgetting to bring this up, but we need to go and visit with Laura and her fam and we should get Kirk and Valerie to come too.

Thanks everybody. You're much appreciated.

4 comments:

Laura said...

YES!!!!! Please come! I will BBQ for everyone and I will invite Val & Kirk

Caitlin said...

Ahhhhh Silvamaphone . . . I feel the same about you. You have become more than a friend by association . . . You are a transplant best friend for me :)

Dave said...

Ooooo free BBQ. I am in.

I love you Silvs. (Now who's gay?)

Valerie said...

Let's Party!!!