Friday, August 3, 2007

How Could You?

I was wondering what I was going to blog about this morning. I had several candidates. Wednesday my mom’s ex called her up and actually said the words “shoot” and “kill” when talking about me and my brother. I thought that might be interesting. And given that he has had a restraining order placed on him before and is currently on probation for brandishing a firearm while under the restriction of a restraining order, this is kind of crazy. I thought about blogging about SYTYCD, but I don’t know what happened to me…I just don’t really feel like it. I’ve enjoyed the season thus far, but I have only been wowed a couple of times this season. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still super pumped to go and see a live taping. I’m such an idiot…But just so you know, Sabra is my favorite. None of the guys really excite me. And I just love her. I think she’s adorable.

I brought this up with Dave and Caitlin last night, but I just wasn’t that impressed with the Mia Michaels routine. I’m sorry, but it seemed pretty weak to tell you the truth. It wasn’t even my favorite of the evening. Just because it’s about her and the relationship with her father doesn’t mean it’s an awesome dance. Boohoo, I’m sorry your dad is dead, but these weren’t the dancers to waste this routine on. And I’m not even sure that it could have been performed much better than it was by Neil and Lacey. Yikes…that sounds harsh, but that’s really how I feel. Ok…so I guess I did feel like blogging about it. I think Pasha is a huge dork. I think they replaced Danny with somebody else. I actually haven’t been that impressed by him the last couple of weeks. I think what they did was replace him with a much nicer, more friendly guy, but not one who can dance like Douchebag Danny could. Is it possible that by shedding the D-bag exterior that he lost some of his dance ability? Like Samson’s strength resides in his mane, Danny’s strength as a dancer is rooted in his douche-bagginess. I really liked Sara. I was starting to like her more and more each week. I love how happy Lauryn always is. And does Lacey have cross-eyes or something? There is something about her face that throws me off. Not all the time. Is it the chin? Can you believe how critical I am of these people? I would never do this to anybody I really know. Ok…I’m done. But yes…I too could hardly keep my eyes off of beautiful-bare-chested Neil. Am I always all about alliteration like I am in this post? Hehehehe…dur. Douchebag.

Back to the original idea for this post. So I absolutely love Ralph on the morning show. But he really hurt me this morning. I couldn’t believe my freakin’ ears when he was trashing on Hot Rod, which I’m sure will be my favorite movie for a long time. I can’t believe anybody wouldn’t be completely in love with The Dudes. If you don’t love them, then you and I are no longer friends. Yes, they are that funny. Do I only love them because I have watched every clip of theirs on their website? The link is the first one on the right on my links list. I dare you not to love them. For your viewing pleasure and to fall madly in love with the dudes, I present to you…KABLAMO and the intro to Awesometown. I dare you to hate on them.



6 comments:

Laura said...

I felt the same way about the mia michaels routine. after the judges comments I had to re-watch it just because I was like...did I miss something? I think just because it was "meaningful" to her, everybody had to pretend to like it.

Anonymous said...

Hey Silva, I agree with you on the mia michaels routine as well. I actually just got into a debate with a co-worker because he thought it was "dope" and I thought it sucked. Glad to know we're on the same page...

Valerie said...

I have been in love with the Lonely Island since I was 18. I love everything about the Kablamo video as well. Every time I hear it it sticks with me for days, so thanks!

Dave said...

Yep... sorry Mia... but that routine blew.

Akiva!

Yorma!

Andy! ... and Andy!

Dave said...

And I love a great sandwich.

hahaha.

Caitlin said...

Could not agree more about the Mia Michaels routine about your thoughts on SYTYCD on the whole. In other news, I also love Ralph, and when I heard him dog on Hot Rod, not only was I surprised but I knew you and Dave were definitely going to be hurt. I have to also admit I also felt a little betrayed because I too am looking forward to Hot Rod, but I usually trust Ralph's opinion on his movie reviews/humor (hence my refusal to see Evan Almighty because I had heard from "people" that it blew hard). I'm concerned that I may have to reevaluate my trust in Ralph, but I hope this trial ends up making our relationship stronger.