Friday, June 22, 2007

The DAMN Moment Of The Week

At Dave's suggestion, I'm going to have to go with the eliminations. Did anybody really believe that Cedric was going to be out Jimmy last night? Jimmy's solo was decent, but every one of his performances have been stellar. And the last couple of weeks the judges have done nothing, but trash on Cedric except for when it comes to his own solos. As harsh as they were, I'm inclined to agree with their criticism. If they want an all-around dancer then this kid is not the guy who can bring it. Hip-hop, which should have been his strong suit didn't even impress me as much as Neil's hip-hop did on Wednesday. On another note, I love that watching 2+ seasons makes me feel like I'm qualified to make far-reaching judgments about the quality and ability of other people's dance styles. But in a way it kind of does. I remember when I first started watching one comment that the judges would make a lot was about "lines". Then last night I found myself watching Dominic's contemporary, which was still good, but then compared to Danny, Travis's cousin, it's really not even close. Dom might be a better performer, but you can really see a difference in training and how polished that guy is. It's really cool, I think.

Since the award for DAMN moment of the week had to go the eliminations, I will say my favorite was probably Neil and Lauren. But as all the judges were saying, almost every single dance was really good. In fact, I would say that this season has been quite stellar. I'm going to have to attribute that to the rise in popularity of the show and the attraction to better talent. And as you've noticed, I found where they post clips of the show. It's tempting to post every routine that I thought was great, but I'll try and just limit it to highlights.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know their names, but I like the people that went last the best. The We Will Rock You dancers. Loved it.

Laura said...

"Dom might be a better performer, but you can really see a difference in training and how polished that guy is."
You are Gay.

Laura said...

by the way....does that GIANT host Kat annoy you as much as she annoys me (and she makes everyone look like little people).

Silvs said...

Yeah. I'm freakin' flamin' and I'm digging every minute of it. But that's what keeps you coming back to this little blog. I'll forgive you for hating on Cat. If you saw the first season, you'd realize how much better she is than Lauren Sanchez. She does dwarf everyone, but you gotta love that Cat is so sincerely excited and sad for the dancers through everything. She is genuine and you have to love how she says "judges" or "Dmitri".

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Silvs said...

That's portugeuse and I totally know what he's talking about. Dave, you could probably pick up on what he's saying too. It's funny that he would even bother posting on a website that is all in English. The likelihood is that I wouldn't have any clue what he's talking about. But I guess it's just a blanket thing this guy does.

Dave said...

I ordered 3!



Don't hate on Cat Laura. She's nice.