Thursday, June 28, 2007

The DAMN Moment Of The Week

This week I almost want to give it to something other than another dance. After tearing into Cedric, AGAIN, he handled it all with a ton of class. He's just a really nice kid, don't you think? I don't think he could have come off any more gracious then if he had handled it any other way. So kudos to him, but seriously...they need to kick him off. He's just not on the same level with everybody else in the competition.

I know there is going to be opposition on this one, but I'm going with Dominic and Sabra. Maybe it's because it's one of the two dances that I learned in a latin ballroom class at BYU. Maybe it's because I just really like Dominic and Sabra. Maybe it's because I think Sabra is adorable and has some really really nice arms. That's not a metaphor for something else. I really like her arms. Or maybe it's because I think that song is really sweet. In any case, they really showed a ton of chemistry on stage. I think that draws me in as much as anything else. It's what I have really appreciated about Kameron and Lacey as well. When they are dancing, it looks like they are dating. But back to the DAMN...

Dominic was hitting his lines. That really impresses me because last week with the contemporary dance where he had a lot of opportunities to really put that on display, I thought he fell short. This time around though, he hit 'em, and hit 'em good. The whole thing just felt really smooth to me. And the thing with the rumba is that the way the arms are utilized, they are all out there on their own. It's hard to have your arms waving around and have it look graceful rather than stiff or like they are just hanging out there.

Can I say that I love Danny and his dancing, but I just hate his personality. Or lack thereof. At first I think he came off as cocky, but I think it's more because he is incapable of feeling emotion. So when he dances and doesn't express anything, people don't know how to interpret that. It's mostly just weird. I think you could see it the most when as the judges were making their comments to them after the dance, Anya was cute and super excited, or at least wanted to be. She would look up at him and notice that the guy is not even flinching so by the time they get to Nigel, she is hardly reacting as well. It is because of all of this that I have concluded that Danny is a robot, sent from another planet to destroy all feeling and sucking out our humanity, one dancer and one dance at a time. How else can you explain how technically sound he is and how he has been able to perform above average on every dance, but then at the same time somehow transform Anya from super excited and giddy to without feeling?

Laura, Cat is wondeful. Plus, she looks stunning in black and with her hair down and all natural. She is so natural when she is hosting. Start loving her. She does dwarf every other person on the planet. But she is so sweet, how can you not love her? She holds dancers hands. She gets excited for them. She makes funny faces sometimes too. Just pause her when she's talking. Greg and I got tons of great faces from Cat doing that last summer.

I know the audio blows. If you crank it, you can hear it. But it's hard to find clips so soon after the dance.

Comment away.


Dominic and Sabra Week 3

8 comments:

Caitlin said...

Are you kidding me? You overlooked Hok and Jaimie for this spit? Silva I hardly know thee. I love you Wade Robson!

Silvs said...

I really wasn't that impressed with that routine. It was cool and different, but I wasn't super excited about it. I love Wade's dances, but the dancers themselves didn't show me anything that different from what they have already done on the show. At least with the rumba, Sabra showed again her versatility and strength in every form of dance, and Dominic put on display his ability to rise to the occassion. But that dance played to strengths that both dancers already have and didn't show any real stretching of their abilities. Do I love Wade's choreography? You're darn right. Did I think it really showed anything unique about these dancers? No. Did the dance reveal the chemistry and connection of the dancers? Not really.

Laura said...

I think I agree that Dominic and Sabre were my favorite....I agree with how versatile they are. Plus, I think Dominic is awesome and he has so much heart. I also agree with Caitlin that Hok and Jamie were a close second. I thought their routine was insane. (and I love Wade Robson...remember "The Wade Robson Experiment"...loved it!). and BTW Chris, Cat IS annoying...I don't care what you say. I can not understand half of what she says and why does she have to hold everyone's hand...interlaced sometimes!! plus, she is freakishly tall. and, I have to once again mention that after reading your 3rd paragragh about Dominic...you are a homosexual. but i love that you are so in touch w/ your feminine side.

Dave said...

I'm not sure that I love having a fruitcake for a best friend.

Dave said...

I'd still share my Caress with him anyday. Yep--Herbal Essence as well.

Silvs... you can be my wing man any day.

Silvs said...

Laura, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? How can you not love Cat? BLASPHEMY! You're the only person in America who doesn't like Cat. And it's not like you've never heard a British accent. This isn't something that has just sneaked up on us and is like, SURPRISE!, I'm still speaking English but with a little bit of an accent. Yeah, I'm Mr. Sensitive. I will kick everybody's a$$ in this room!

Dave said...

Dominic bugs me. He's trying too hard to be funny. It's annoying.

Laura said...

ahhh....i forgot ALL about the herbal essence and caress. thanks for the reminder that both of you are fruitcakes. sorry chris... i can't like cat...she says the dumbest things...and how hard can opening those stinkin envelopes be??? she almost drops her mike ripping those things open.