Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Do You Know What This Is Costing Me?

So...this is just a little thought I've had. But I never go onto espn.com anymore. Blogging has sucked up all of my excess websurfing time. Which I think is mostly a good thing. However, my sports appreciation and knowledge is dwindling because of my newfound addiction. I just hope you all appreciate what it takes for me to put up posts everyday. And several times a day. I used to check another sports website everyday for news and rumors on all of my favorite sports teams, whether they are in season or not. You can imagine how much I was reading about the Raiders, Angels, and Lakers and sometimes Braves.

While we're talking about sports. The Angels have been awesome. Except for the last three days when they decided to suck and get swept by the last place Royals. What is that? I wanted to post pictures of the game that I got to go to on Saturday, but I forgot my camera. It's funny that now I'm taking more pictures for the sole purpose of having more material for the blog. Funny, or retarded.

I have to give credit to Dave. He has had some all-star caliber comments the last week or so since he decided to start commenting. I almost want to recruit him onto the blogging team, but then the identity of the blog changes and I'm not ready to lose that artistic control. That may sound like a joke and for most of you who read this, you can probably hear the way I write about it and kind of tell that it could be. But it's totally not. I really like having this blog talk about exactly what I want it to talk about. The funny thing is that Dave talks about pretty much the same stuff as I do and since most of my activity is combined with him and his wife, there really wouldn't be much of a departure on the actual content of the site. Still though...not sure I want to relinquish the control I have. And I'm not sure he would want to post on here anyway.

While I'm thinking publicly, there has got to be a way for me to turn this into something that could be a resume builder. But I don't know if the balance of light and heavy tones could be maintained trying to turn this into something more substantial. Suggestions? Maybe if I could be more entertaining, this could just be an editorial and I could do more legwork in promoting it. I'm open to ideas.

On another note, does anyone else find it weird when a person writes about their own blog in third person? Chris Silva is not sure that he could recreate for his blog what it was that he happened upon while checking out other blogs earlier this afternoon, but to him it really seemed pompous the way another blogger decided to portray himself. He's not entirely sure he could do it without feeling like an as...you may have noticed, it's annoying.

No comments: