Monday, June 25, 2007

Mountain Meadows

Raise your hand if you really know all that much about the Mountain Meadows Massacre? I did not. This is a really interesting article that I came across this morning. It gives a lot of insight into the context of the situation. I knew it was about a massacre, but when I actually got to the climax of the article, it still made me cringe. Such a sad turn of events. It really does help knowing that background, though. Definitely worth reading and knowing about if you're a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Actually the first I had heard of this was on that PBS special "The Mormons" that showed in late April/early May. Very, very sad. I'd be interested to see how this article describes the circumstances, since the PBS special had some anti-Mormon hues throughout the program.