Thursday, June 14, 2007

So Much To Post, So Little Time

I've got like a million things running through my mind. But...before I try and tackle everything, let's start with one. So...I am in HR right now with a property management company. I screen resumes, do interviews, orientations, blah blah blah. We advertise positions through the web mostly and sometimes do career fairs or go to local colleges. The point is, we get a lot of resumes. In the last couple of months, I have come across several that are particularly stupid:

  1. One guy sent an email and included an attachment for what was supposed to be a resume. Instead it was a letter to Cal State Long Beach begging them to let him back to school and that he would improve his performance. Not exactly your best foot forward.
  2. Similar thing, a girl included an attachment, but instead of her resume, it was a personal pic for some kind of social networking website.
  3. My favorite one, but I already forwarded her resume on to most of the people who read this blog. However, for the benefit of those who don't know about this, this is what she listed under her previous job experience -

October 2002 (Have worked here off and on for 4 years) Ecstasy Theatre Currently working here Entertainer

She was applying for a corporate receptionist position. If you're wondering what she means by entertainer and are thinking to yourself, no...she couldn't possibly mean...I'm here to tell you that yes. She does mean stripper. It is a strip club in Orange County. And she could have put bartender, or waitress, or whatever else, and I wouldn't have thought twice about it. But when I saw entertainer, I was like....wait...what? So anyway...I'm sorry, we were actually hoping that our Leasing Administrators would have stripping experience, not our receptionist. Try again.

4 comments:

Caitlin said...

HA HA HA! Who is working on putting all the pieces of their life together at the same time? Hmm . . . I'll just update my eharmony profile while I apply for this job . . . make my attachment . . and . . . WOOPS! So funny.

Dave said...

That is truly remarkable.

Dave said...

I think you should have a weekly post on the most ridiculous HR things you come across.

Today, I filed some pleadings. It was soooo funny. The judge is like, "Proposed Order for Motion Granting Judgment on the Pleadings DENIED!"

Oh SNAP!!

Unknown said...

I 2nd the weekly post.