Sunday, June 3, 2007

How Old Before I'm Creepy?


This last Friday I went to the farewell show of a little punk band called Rufio. As a tribute to them, I've linked a playlist with some of their songs on here, so enjoy. These guys are probably about 23-25. I'm 27. The venue they played at was an all-ages place, so there were a lot of younger kids there. To me, they looked like they could be 12, maybe be in junior high. Maybe. So, I guess my question is, at what point when I'm going to these punk shows am I the old creepy guy? One of my buddies who went without a ticket showed up and we almost ended up buying a ticket from that guy. I think one indicator of being too old for these kind of shows is when I start looking about the same age as the parents that are lining up outside waiting to pick up their kids.

I think my taste in music has been maturing, but this is one of the bands that I've been holding on to. They started to get popular while they were still in high school, so I think that contributes to the youth of the crowd that gathered to pay their last respects. In any case, I love these guys. Great energy. Great guitars. As one of my buddies had mentioned who came to the show, you find yourself singing to the chorus, but then watching the guys go on the guitars because they don't just limit themselves to playing power chords throughout. They're pretty sweet. When I have more time, I'll post about some random concert facts that are mildly funny. In the meantime, peace.

No comments: