Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Sometimes Discipline Requires A Lot Of Discipline

You know what I mean? Sometimes it is just hard to do the things that you're supposed to do. I think the hardest part about doing the things that are difficult for us is the anticipation of the difficulty of the task, but not necessarily doing the task itself, i.e. work is always worse the night before you have to go, but not while you're actually at it; running or working out for an extended amount of time is always hardest right before you actually get going.

Hey Pat Benatar, love isn't the only battlefield. Sometimes it's just in our own heads. It takes a lot of guts to get past the anxiety of the apprehension surrounding the thing I don't want to do, but that I know I need to do. All these things were running through my mind on my way to the gym this morning. Once those endorphins kicked in, it wasn't such a big deal. I just need to get past the mental hurdles that I put up in my head and realize that it will be much easier once I've got my momentum going. And so it goes...

1 comment:

Dave said...

I suppose you could say that everyone has an El Guapo. For some, shyness may be an El Guapo. For others, lack of education may be an El Guapo. But for us, El Guapo is a large ugly man who wants to kill us!