Thursday, June 21, 2007

There Was No Joy In Irvine...

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout;
But there is no joy in Irvine - mighty CHRIS CAN'T WATCH SYTYCD BECAUSE HIS FREAKIN' COUSINS CANCELLED THE RECORDINGS SO THEY COULD WATCH STUPID FUEL TV OR MTV2!
Wow...You can imagine my surprise this morning. I wake up. I read my scriptures. I grab a bowl of cereal to eat while I watch my show and ponder over who gets the coveted DAMN moment of the week, and then...wait...something's not right. B..b...but...I checked before I left for soccer...didn't I? Wasn't it recording? What's happening!? How could they!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you love those paintings? Yes, they are by the same guy. Edvard Munch. The first is The Scream, the second is Despair. The Scream is really an eery painting. Someone should write a story about it. Another post for another day? That would take me awhile, but I think it'd be a cool idea. Anyway, I'm lucky because I know Dave and Caitlin have it recorded and will come to save the day.

6 comments:

Caitlin said...

Yeah . . . but will they let you watch it or will they use it to extort more snickerdoodles out of you?

Unknown said...

I still have it too....and a VCR and a blank tape...don't let caitlyn bully you into baking! ;)

Actually, if you're making snickerdoodles...make me some too. yum!

Silvs said...

Caitlin, I will put you in a box. I'm actually feeling like some snickerdoodles...SYTYCD snickerdoodle party? I think I have the lamest life ever. I almost feel like I'm on the outside looking at myself thinking, what kind of dork have I become? This is what I get excited about now? This is ridiculous.

Dave said...

What the crap. All this talk about Snickerdoodles and now NOTHING?!?!

Needless to say I feel very used.

Caitlin said...

Chris, don't hate on SYTYCD lovers -- you should be proud to be one too. Just accept it. It's awesome and totally worthy of a party in its honor.

Caitlin said...

I too am dismayed that the talk of snickerdoodles did not come to fruition.