Friday, June 29, 2007

WHAT Is Going On?

Check this out. So, I guess Jessi was also hospitalized June 20th, the week she had that jazz performance with Pasha. Given that she had been hospitalized two consecutive weeks, the judges probably didn't want her jeopardizing the show anymore. There's your explanation, Caitlin. Because I know I sure as h-e-double hockey sticks wouldn't have kept watching if freaking Bette Midler eating her weight in cheetos was the one who kept filling in for her.

With that new piece of information, I don't blame the judges for bailing on her. She pretty much was doomed even before the Dance For Your Life! portion, methinks. But I don't think there has been another girl on that show who has been more smokin' hot than her. So as a tribute, here's her last routine, which was pretty decent.



SYTYCD - Pasha and Jessi - Cha Cha - Result Show Top 16

In spite of her not being at all articulate, I've been a supporter of hers from the very get go. Except for her solos, those always seems to really blow. But in any case, she always seemed to do really well in her performances and besides that, I'm a lookin' and I'm a likin'.

I'm sorry to see Jeebus go to. I saw on another blog a comment saying something like, "So last night was the results show, or as I like to call it, the saddest night of the week." The judges really shot themselves in the foot when they didn't send home Cedric. Nice kid. Sucks at anything that isn't a solo.

8 comments:

Dave said...

It was definitely a sad night last night as two peeps I thought should not have gone home did. I think Cedric the not so entertainer should have gone home. Stupid judges. I also think everyone was shocked about Jesse's departure. Not knowing what was going on was probly the worst part about it. I have to agree with Silva that she is a hot little tamale who really can dance. To be fair, I don't really dig on her face... and she really is the worst at expressing herself-- "How do you feel"-- "The same"--well put there Jes. I guess it's back to your "high-end" bowling alley job. I remember when I was a "sandwich artist"

Don't try to french it up--you work a crappy job.

So I guess what I am saying is that I am sad for Jesse to leave. But if she has health problems that are going to continue to hinder her performance then it is only fair to the other contestants that she be dismissed. Jesus dances like a superstar. He got robbed. *this is the part where I would insert all kinds of clever allusions to his namesake (which is especially enticing due to the fact that he came from a vineyard making wine) but I fear that any effort on my part will result in some degree of sacrilege which I am reticent to engage in.

My picks for peeps goin home this week? Cedric (obviously) and Shauna--not so much cuz she did that poorly, but I think she lacks star quality... and she looks like a block who is never excited enough to open her eyes all the way.

Mean? maybe... but I don't get paid to be politically correct.

Caitlin said...

Thanks for the information Silvs, that blog was pretty cool. Everything I ever wanted to know about SYTYCD and more. I have to agree with the judges decision to eliminate her . . . even if it is just dehydration and not some other secret condition . . . she's clearly unreliable. Although I liked her too, she was pretty good at stuff.

Valerie said...

I too am sad to see Jesus go, but its ok because I don't really believe in Jeebus. Cedric definitely should have gone. That kid is getting a lot of sympathy from viewers. I don't like Jesse and she will not be missed. Although I thought that the way they let her go was a bit rough. By the way, if you and your little friend Dave have something against Brazilian then say it to my blog, nerds!

Ryan and Kiley said...

i love cedric. just throwing it out there. and jesse was too granola anyway. this last dance was alright, but pasha totally out danced her.

Silvs said...

You are completely insane Miss Fabulosa. Of course Pasha out-danced her, it's one of his areas of expertise. That you love Cedric totally destroys your credibility. I'm totally taking this personally. Good thing you're in another country...or I'd...probaby nothing. It's all idle threats.

Ryan and Kiley said...

if she were that great she should have held her own against pasha-- thats what a really great dancer can do. i really just have a crush on cedric, and have not defended his dancing credibility whatsoever, therefore my credibility as a critic can not be questioned. we all have our favorites... clearly thats all you had going for with jesse?

Silvs said...

You're crazy if you don't think she performed at least above average (as compared to any of the other dancers) in all of her routines. And I think you're alone in thinking that she wasn't equal to her partner in that dance. You need to go into time-out.

Dave said...

VALERIE! you don't even have a blog. But if you did... we'd link it to our blog.