Sunday, July 8, 2007

Congressional Approval At All Time Low

This is my last one for the evening. I meant to post this last week, but like I said earlier, I just didn't feel like it. Hugh Hewitt was so kindly telling me about congressional approval last week and I thought this was worth bringing up. It is so interesting what things you hear about in the news, and conversely, what things you don't. I posted, or at least I think I did, a couple of weeks ago about the fairness doctrine. I did. You can visit it in the archives. It's hard to tell because there are so many different polls out there. However, at this website you can get an average of each of the polls and it points to the same conclusion: congressional approval is abysmal.

Many republicans hanged their heads low after the elections last October. Democrats celebrated, but that giddiness has been curbed with how sucky they suck at running the country. What I find so interesting about it all is how much you hear about President Bush's approval ratings and how low they are, but not nearly as much about the congressional ratings. What's more, people are more pleased with Bush than they are with Congress. Surprising? It should be.

No comments: