Friday, July 6, 2007

Movie Review: Transformers

Yup, it was awesome. The build up to watching this movie was pretty crazy because in the last several days I have been running into different people that have seen it and not one person has said anything bad about this movie. And they were right!

I was a little worried at first because I didn't want my bar to be raised way to high, but apparently I didn't know the bar couldn't even get up there. One couple I talked to that had seen the movie the previous day said they were in the theater just looking up smiling the entire time. For me it was the same. The special effects were outstanding, but more than that, I just everything about Transformers. I love how noble the autobots are; I love the voices of Optimus Prime and Megatron. I will have to say that I did kind of miss the southern accents that Ironhide and Jazz used to have, but they did turn Jazz into a black guy, apparently, so that was still pretty good. The scene where Starscream is flying with the jet fighters and transforming back and forth into a plane was awesome. It was also kind of funny at some parts, which I didn't expect at all.

I thought it was a nice touch to include lines from the original cartoon movie, as well. I wished that they would have pumped in some of the sweet 80s music that the cartoon has. I seriously could not stop grinning the entire time.

You know what was also sweet? Seeing the trailer for Hot Rod. And yes Karen, Josh is HOTTTTTT. He gets a 5-T rating. So is the high school girl who doubles as a 25 year old model that poses in those car magazines. I think that part is in the next movie. She was way out of place. Anyway, it's awesome. I'll probably see it again in the theaters.

3 comments:

Dave said...

Seriously. I woke up this morning thinking about how awesome it was. My mouth hurts from smiling the whole time during the movie. I must admit, I was scared because I wanted it to be that good. I wanted it to live up to my childhood expectations and ever since Silvs and I saw the first trailer we've been eagerly anticipating its arrival. Can it be possible to exceed your childhood imagination and adult expectations? Yes. It has... and it did.

Saddle up Chris... we are going for round two.

MikeReid said...

believe it or not, sam said the movie sucked. i still haven't sene it, but no worries, derek and i were quick to advise him of the magnitiude of his stupidity.

Silvs said...

I believe it. Sam is kind of an idiot with a lot of this stuff. This is the same guy who didn't like Batman Begins? Yeah...don't care for his opinion on anything having to do with movies....