Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Have You Seen This Show Yet?

Mother Uckers!





Okay...So I have heard about this show from a couple of people and I didn't really think anything of it at first, but tonight I had my virgin run and I liked it a lot. I had a taste on Lindsey's blog, but I didn't realize that the clip came from the show until tonight. I think I like that it's really stupid humor a lot of the time. I think I tend to like comedies where I feel like I could come up with the same kind of stuff, or that similar things might come up when I'm sitting around with my friends. Plus...I have a special place in my heart for the bird. Something funny and bird related you ask?

I don't know why, but especially our freshman year in college Dave and I thought that it was ridiculous that so much meaning could be assigned to a simple hand gesture. So we gave unadulterated birds to each other. Dave decided to take it one step further.

As residential appraisers we would drive A LOT. So patience would wear thin much of the time as we would drive. This led to some poor driving habits and sometimes other people suffered as a result. Then one time we had cutoff a carload of girls and we got multiple birds and Dave decided to capitalize on the arbitrary assigned meaning of offense to the middle finger that many people have, and pretended to start freaking out. If you ever saw it, you'd know how awesome it was. It consisted of screaming and yelling and hitting himself in the head. It looked so absurd that I would mostly just start laughing. In this particular instance, after a confused two or three seconds of staring from the girls, they began to roar in laughter. This probably isn't funny if you aren't someone who has seen the act before, but I wish he would bring that back.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The bird is underutilized and underappreciated. I'm doing my part to help that. I give the bird to everyone who cuts me off driving, or just sucks in general. Makes me feel a little better. Until I think maybe it could be my boss. Or my bishop....

Now, thanks to you, I'll have leggy blonde in my head allll day.

*me flipping you the bird*

Dave said...

I forgot about that incident. They were so confused! Haha... I like to act like a maniac--peeps don't know what to do when I do that.

I'm gonna go practice hitting myself in the head.