Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The DAMN Moment Of The Week

For the first time in...more than 6 months? Longer probably. We didn't play soccer. It was weird. I did go running instead, which I'm surprised at how much of a weenie I am right now. I need to start working out more. Or at least doing more cardio. On a related point, anyone want to join me in doing this triathlon? It's over at Catalina Island and it's just a half mile swim, 10 mile bike ride, 3 mile run. Any takers? I think it would be really fun. If you don't think you can do it, then ask my buddy Chino what it's like to run an entire marathon without any training. Yup, he really did it. Or my brother when he was in the Marines for one of his fitness tests decided all of the sudden that he was going to just run 3 miles in 18 minutes without any prior preparation. You realize that's hard to do, right? Both of those things. The marathon is probably a little more crazy, but you get the point. There's nothing you can't do if you don't put limits on the opportunities. I'm really serious about this. Anyway...think about it. I'm WAY off topic here. Back to the lecture at hand, perfection is perfected, so I'm a let 'em understand. I don't think anyone besides Laura can pick out that line. Maybe Greg...anyway...



So You Think You Can Dance is back people! Yay! I was really impressed with just about everything on this week's show. I thought the guest judge was awesome. He had great insight, volunteered a lot of great comments. A lot of energy, I think he played off the other two really well. I love that they are incorporating last year's dancers so much into the show. I love the Benji choreographed a dance, and it was awesome. So as far as DAMN moments go...well I'm just going to go with what I thought were the least DAMN worthy because most of the show was so DAMN good. I loved Hok and Jamie's waltz in spite of what the judges said, but they did have a lot of good points to bring up. Oh...this one probably bugged me the most, but what was that sequin mosaic dress that Cat was wearing? And the labeling of Cat's accent as french was a low moment for Dominic. And probably the last one...Danny is such an amazing dancer, but the guy really is a corksoaker. Anyway, here are the clips, I'm going from favorite to least favorite.



Dominic and Sabra Week 4


I really have a soft spot for these two, but I really thought this one was awesome. I love Shane's choreography. I don't ever expect Dominic to do anything other than what he does in the intro each Wednesday night which is spin around, but I really loved how fluid he was in the routine. It really reminded me a lot of Hok's movements. As always, Sabra was awesome. I think she's my favorite girl. She's just spectacular.





Neil and Lauren Week 4
Uploaded by mickeymcc



I love Wade Robson. When you see Neil in the interview how much does he look like Ethan Embry from Can't Hardly Wait? A lot, I tell ya. I really dug on his attire and the make-up job, but that's the feminine side of me. I could have done without the actual scream from Lauren, though.



Pasha and Sara Week 4
Uploaded by mickeymcc



This impressed me a lot more than I thought it was going to. The more I see Sara, the more I like her. She's actually pretty cute, and they're both really strong dancers. It will be interesting, though, to see Pasha out of his element. Of course he's going to do great in this one and the Cha Cha from last week, but what about hip hop?



Danny and Anya Week 4
Uploaded by mickeymcc



These two are awesome. Danny makes incredible use of the whole stage, but seriously, a huge corksoaker. And who thought that Anya would actually look really good as a blonde? I kind of hate how Danny killed her enthusiasm in the post-dance commentaries.



Kameron and Lacey Week 4
Uploaded by mickeymcc

I think the recency effect is why this one is so low. It was really good. However, I too am sensing that lack of pizz-zazz from Kameron. Great dance.

4 comments:

me :) said...

I will do a triathlon with you.

Caitlin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caitlin said...

I know -- that Dominick and Sabre one reminded me of Ivan and Ashley from last year. Yeah, what was Cat wearing . . . totally agree with you on that one. And yes Dominick, you are an idiot . . . perhaps we need to relearn regional dialects and accents. Also, I really loved the guest host too, barring the fact that he is extremely homosexual. I especially liked that he bluntly told Danny that he was an arrogant a-hole (I'm paraphrasing :)), but I couldn't believe the other judges didn't have the balls to back him up!! That's what we're all thinking people!!

Laura said...

"ain't nuthin but a g thing baby". what's funny is right when I read "back to the lecture at hand" I started singing the song. ha ha...you know me so well.

so I think my favorite this week was actually sara and pasha. their dance was just so entertaining to me. and i love sara, especially the fact that she has had no formal training but still can do every dance thrown at her. sabra and dominic's was a close second (and fyi, i think my favorite part of the show last night was when he called cat a 7 foot giant).

danny is a great dancer but he is such a tool. so the point of them telling something about themselves that nobody else knows is to get the audience to connect more with them and like them more so they will vote for them. what does danny decide to share?? that he loves sunglasses and spends tons of money on them? how LAME was that.