Tuesday, July 31, 2007

So Concerts, Huh?

I'm really eclectic with my tastes recently. I was listening this morning to the radio on the way to work and the Kaiser Chiefs came on with that song I Predict A Riot and I thought to myself, I really dig on the British punk stuff. I switched to KROQ and Kevin and Bean and they were doing their breakfast with the band and My Chemical Romance was on. And I really liked the interview and they just seemed so down to earth and appreciative of their fans. I like that their roots are in heavy metal, at least their tastes. I think I'm pretty much into everything these days. I'd like some new bands to discover and get really into. Any suggestions?

This weekend I'm pretty pumped because I'm going to see Strung Out on Friday night. I could go see Unwritten Law and depending on how I'm feeling and how the weekend turns out, I just might. On September 7th I'm going to see Incubus at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre. For about the last year or two I have been really into those guys. I think that will be fun sitting on the lawn. I never go to big shows so this will be different then the tiny venues of punk bands that I'm used to. Anyway...just thought I'd share.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm soooo jealous you're seeing Incubus. I looooove them. I too have recently rediscovered how awesome they are. Their new album rocks. And Kaiser Chiefs and My Chemical Romance? Well, let's just say I could have written this post!