Thursday, July 19, 2007

The DAMN Moment Of The Week

Well here it is. I didn't think I'd get around to this, but I need some lejour (leisure). Can I just say that I love people who appropriately spell and punctuate slang or words that they want said in a particular manner? Karen does this a lot on her blog, I've also noticed Caitlin does it from time to time. For some reason I really appreciate that. I also really look down upon people who can't spell. I can't help it. Now I'm self-conscious and worried that I make a lot of errors on this blog. Yikes...anyway...

Umm...I don't think that there was anything that really stuck out for me about this week's show. At first I really liked having Wade on the panel, but then I kind of got tired of all the criticism he levied, although none of it was really negative, just constant. I think this show wasn't dynamite because as a judge, he wasn't able to choreograph anything and his stuff is usually the best. I'm sad to say that I think Kameron or Hok are gone this week. More Kameron, I think. I really like them both. But can't you totally understand where the judges are coming from in their criticism of him? Although...I am never really excited about Dan Karaty's dances. Never. Remember last season he did that one with Heidi and some guy to the Kelly Clarkson song? Nothing exciting about his stuff whatsoever. So I kind of don't blame Kameron for that one.

If I absolutely had to give a DAMN moment for the week, even though I don't think anything was DAMN worthy, it's going to have to go to...I dunno, I guess Pasha and Sara. I am more and more impressed with Sara week in and week out. Plus I think they're dolling her up quite nicely. Also, Lauryn has great arms. You know how I love me some nice arms on girls. Or maybe you don't, but now you do. Anyway...here they are, most favorite to least. I think the middle three are all tied.



Pasha and Sara Week 5
Uploaded by mickeymcc



I like Queen. I liked this dance a good amount. My favorite of an okay week.



Neil and Lauren Week 5
Uploaded by mickeymcc

I really shouldn't put these above Dom and Sabra and Danny and Anya, but I liked this one. Generally, Mia is a pretty good bet to have a good dance.



Dominic and Sabra Week 5
Uploaded by mickeymcc



I still love these two the most. I love Sabra's raspy voice. I think they're great, love their dances week in and week out.



Anya and Danny Week 5
Uploaded by mickeymcc

I really dig on the leap that he does in the beginning. I thought this was pretty good, but I wasn't as elated as the judges were.


Kameron and Lacey Week 5
Uploaded by mickeymcc

She was pretty decent, but I'm not seeing the magic like the judges are on her. I like her a lot and think she is above average on everything she does, but still...not my MVP. Still good though. And Kameron...he's good, but I think he's outta here.



Hok and Jaimie Week 5
Uploaded by mickeymcc

Does anyone else think Jamie is an idiot? Great dancer, great lines, blah blah blah...but is she just not completely annoying to listen to? Bugs me. I like Hok a lot, but he's struggling right now.

So which girl is going to be heading out? All of them I think are actually looking really strong. For some reason I am just not as in love with these dancers as I was last season. My two favorites are Dominic and Sabra all the way. Then after that it gets muddled...I like Lauryn a lot. Neil is super goofy, but I love that spin kick thing he does. Hok is great, but I just don't think he's versatile enough. I'm liking Sara more and more every week, like I've been saying for the last several weeks. I think Pasha is a dork. Something about him just bothers me. I dunno. We'll see I guess. I think Kameron and....Anya. That might be a surprise. I think her solos are less than spectacular. I think there's more appeal with all of the other girls though. The girl will be a surprise to us all, I think.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Oh my kindred spirit! You and I are one soul; a soul which immediately recognizes and recoils at misspellings. You have no idea what this has done for our friendship . . . Take that Dave, you teasey teaserton!

Caitlin said...

In other SYTYCD news . . . I could not agree more with your commentary! I thought the whole show was pretty good, but nothing really stood out to me above the rest. I did like Dom and Sabra's dance, Sara & Pasha, and Lauryn and Neil . . . and everyone about the same I guess! I also totally agree about the contestants' personalities . . . Jaimie is okay if she just NEVER opens her mouth. I also agree that Pasha is a dork! The Dmitri-angle they've been trying to push on him is just totally NOT working. And Danny is, as always, a "reaaal douche." I think Kameron might be on the chopping block and probably Anya too -- those hideous outfits won't make up for your crappy solos. There, I said it.